3d Consulting Services
(3d Consulting Services is the trading name of Tim Dodd Consulting Services Ltd)
What Are “Cookies”?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive which records how you, as a visitor to a website, navigate your way around that site so that, when you revisit it in the future, it can present you with specifically tailored options based upon information stored from your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse web traffic and track advertising and marketing campaign performance.
Cookies are used by nearly all professional websites and do not harm your system. Their purpose is to enhance your website browsing experience.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are either:
- Session Cookies: These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use Google Analytics, which uses persistent cookies.]
Cookies can be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Just be aware that disabling cookies affects the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore, unless you know how the functionality will be affected, it is recommended that you don’t disable cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Hopefully this page has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still unsure and want more information then you can contact us via Email at: Support@3dConsultingServices.com